Adventures of A Busy Mom! I love her DIY/crafty, spiritual, storytelling blog! Thanks so much for the nomination, my first!
I was a bit of a “lurker” here on WordPress, even though I have been posting since October, I never went to “reader” or knew about prompts, challenges, community pool, etc. After a commitment to write every day, most of it here, I stumbled across one great blog after another. There are so many fun and interesting bloggers out there!
I am a teacher/librarian and school will soon be starting and my posting will slow down I am sure, maybe I will become a “post-a-weeker,” but even if I do “slow down,” I will be reading all these fabulous blogs!
Three questions from “Adventures of a Busy Mom:”
1) What is your goal in blogging? Who do you hope to reach?
I have several goals.
A) My goal started to simply put down thoughts for posterity. Lately though as the idea ROLL, I would like to organize my writing a bit (very random now) and maybe put together a book for my kids.
B) I live in a VERY small, isolated town in Alaska and I wanted to reach out to other writers.
2) What is your favorite past time outside of blogging? What defines you?
Like most writers, reading is a favorite past time. But I am really “crafty” too. I paint watercolor, quilt, sew, nothing too high tech though, it has to be fun. I like taking long walks with my dog (and husband), even it it a little rainy. And I love to travel.
Being a mother and a grandmother defines me as well as a career as a teacher/librarian. I love my job!
3) Share with us your favorite inspirational quote.
I don’t really have a “favorite quote,” when I need one I just go looking… so here is what I found from a favorite author and memoirist…
“Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: they feed the soul.” ~ Ann Lamott
I have nominated you!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
My three questions:
- Describe your writing area/routine. (Desk? Comfy chair? What is on your desk? Do you always drink tea? Coffee?)
- What is your favorite piece of writing you have ever done? Give us a summary or better yet, paste a link to it here, or an excerpt.
- Tell us about the most interesting place you have ever been? Doesn’t have to be travels, it could be the attic of your grandmother’s house… that type of thing.
A Wandering Souls Blog: Her attention to tiny details is exquisite, her grammar choices interesting, creating a lovely ‘Stream of Consciousness” style of writing.
Telling the Truth: A very introspective blog, but what I especially love is her poetry.
Write Here: Write Now: A prolific writer blogger. I am trying not to post bloggers with thousands of followers, because I am sure they are pretty busy, but I ADORE this blog, I wish I could sit down and talk writing face-to-face with this woman and I want you to meet her.
I am Writing: A straight forward blogger who gives us a glimpse into her life. I am linking to the blog that first caught my eye.
Pipers Adventures: Poetry, usually nature inspired.
Grammy Writes: Great writing, great photography and she won me over with her “Alaska Adventures” series of photo-blogging
Writing on a Rock: She wrote a post about clearing out her family home that touched me, take a look!
I broke the rules a bit. I am so new to this that I didn’t have a large repertoire of blogs I follow…. and then I had a hard time coming up with 8 – 16 bloggers who were not already nominated for this award, but I LOVE this group and think each one deserves it!